Wednesday, October 1, 2014

What's Next???

Jane Medved & Marie Hammer will be showing their art in the restaurant beginning October 7.
Here is what they have to say about their work :

Marie---

Wood is a new medium for me.  I have been drawing and painting faces for most of my life. Recently I discovered a box full of oak palette scraps left over from my husband’s large wooden dogs.  I felt the wood clinking through my fingers, and thought, “I can do something with this.”  Once I started making faces, I kept finding different forms of wood scraps, bits of bark and sticks, old wooden objects.  I do not carve and I rarely cut.  I break and assemble and glue and screw whatever the wood suggests.  Voila! 


Jane---


Jane Medved's paintings depict nature and human nature in Florida and around 
the world. Her artwork has been shown at New York's Metropolitan Museum of 
Art, Brooklyn Museum, and Museum of Arts and Design, and at Montana's 
Yellowstone Art Museum. Visit Jane’s website at http://www.janemedved.com/ 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment