Tuesday, November 9, 2010

christina rohan--november artist


artists statement---
My work is inspired by the abundance of wildlife that encompasses north central Florida. I am native to Gainesville & have observed how the landscape has changed over the years in order to keep up with the growing human population. The boundaries between artificial & natural landscapes have become more defined, as manmade structures continue to encroach upon the natural environment. Through my art I explore the relationship between nature & commerce. I began using imagery of neon & artificial colors to portray our local wildlife as a reflection of the commercialization of florida landscape.
I moved to New York City in the fall of 2009 to attend art school. I missed the ability to connect to nature , a resource that is a constant inspiration to me. I returned to Gainesville to reconnect with what inspires me to make art. I am currently studying painting at the College of Fine Arts at the University of Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment